Returning Expired Activase® requires authorization and is dependent on the condition of the product
Product returns will be accepted from direct (wholesaler) and non-direct (wholesaler's customers, i.e., pharmacies) accounts under the following conditions:
- Product returned within 2 months prior to and 6 months past expiration date
- Product in its original container and bearing its original label
The following products are non-returnable, regardless of expiration date:
- Products damaged by improper storage or handling, fire, flood, or catastrophe
- Repackaged products
- Products that had been sold expressly on a non-returnable basis
- Products obtained illegally or from an unauthorized source
- Products purchased on the "secondary source" market or from a distributor who does not have a direct purchasing account with Genentech
- Partially filled vials
- Products with no lot numbers, expiration dates, or with unreadable labels
- Products in their original containers but with prescription labels attached
- Products that Genentech determines, in its sole discretion, are otherwise adulterated, misbranded, or counterfeit
- Unless requested, all Activase expired returns will be replaced. If you would like a credit for your return, please contact Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231 to obtain authorization and return box label. Shipping and transportation charges are prepaid by the Customer.
- The Genentech USA Return Good Policy and
instructions on how to return expired Genentech products can be
found online at https://www.gene.com/contact-us/customer-service/product-issues/return-goods-policy
- To return damaged product, please contact Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231
The Genentech Spoilage Replacement Program provides for the replacement of infused, injected, and self-administered products, which are prescribed and prepared for a labeled indication, yet not administered due to unforeseen patient clinical circumstances, subject to certain limitations and conditions set forth by Genentech.
You can obtain additional information about the program and request replacement of spoilage product by visiting www.spoilage.gene.com or by calling Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231.
To request replacement product:
- When Genentech product is prescribed for a labeled indication is spoiled and unable to be administered, the product might be eligible for replacement through the Genentech Spoilage Replacement Program.
- You may complete your request for spoilage replacement online at www.spoilage.gene.com or by calling Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231.
- Up to date information on product returns is available on the Genentech Customer Service website
- Each instance of spoilage replacement requires completion of the Spoilage Replacement Program Form. Replacement is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Genentech; please retain all original product packaging for returns processing
- Genentech does not ship replacement product if the spoiled product has been used for an off-label indication
- Genentech does not ship replacement product if ANY portion of the product has been administered
- Genentech will only ship replacement product to licensed facilities
- All spoilage replacement requests are subject to review by Genentech; returned product is subject to analysis
- Replacement is not available if any amount has been billed to a patient or an insurance claim has been remitted to a payer
- Requests are subject to certain limitations and conditions. Genentech has the right to modify or discontinue the Spoilage Replacement Program at any time without notice
Please be sure to retain intact vials and all product as they need to be returned to Genentech. Unless the vial is broken, all product must be returned. If the vial is broken, a completed Certification of Destruction form is required.
aSubject to certain limitations and conditions.
- Genentech will continue to process credits
- All products returned, including unauthorized returns, will be destroyed
- Returns for reasons related to product quality (for example, solution is cloudy, etc.) will continue to be processed by Genentech. Please contact Genentech's Quality Department at (800) 334-0290
- Customers are liable for the product until Inmar RX Solutions or Genentech identifies it as an appropriate product return, which may be up to ten (10) business days after receiving the product
DID YOU KNOW?
- Genentech will provide credit or replacement for a product
return only if it is authorized and after the actual product has
been received and identified by GENCO Supply Chain Solutions. The
procedure for returning product depends on the condition of the
product. Return authorization is required for all returns except
those in which replacements are provided for expired products.